You don’t need to be a Blockhead to appreciate owning an exclusive, elegant and cutting-edge apartment in one of Melbourne’s most luxurious suburbs.
Mater Prize Home supporters will soon have the chance to win Kingi and Caro’s 3 bed-room scandustrial themed renovation from the most recent series of Channel Nine’s ‘The Block’.
But when you’re not enjoying your new home, you’ll be loving your new postcode as there’s so much to see, do and experience in South Yarra. It’s a lively, youthful part of the city with great green spaces.
We’ve collected some of the best and most surprising neighbourhood attractions for you.
1. Shop hard: For shopaholics, South Yarra is almost dangerous. Chapel Street’s exclu-sive retailers are close by, as well as the Jam Factory entertainment complex, Como Centre and Vogue Shopping Plaza.
2. Get active: It’s a short walk from the apartment to Fawkner Park featuring beautiful tree-lined paths, or take your racquet and have a game of tennis. Join one of the crick-et or softball teams that play in the park regularly. It’s also not far to Como Park—a popular spot for walking the dog—or the Royal Botanic Gardens.
3. Get fresh (food): You’ll be living in the same street as the iconic Prahan Market! You can collect all your fruit and veggies, meat and fish, deli goods and coffee before re-turning to your high-tech kitchen to prepare a feast. Be first in for food festivals all year round, like the famous Sausage Fest.
4. Eat and drink: Despite your impressive new kitchen with a touchscreen splashback, sometimes it’s nice to treat yourself. South Yarra features some of Melbourne’s best cafes, bakeries, restaurants and bars. Fine dining, trendy cafe culture and a dynamic nightlife will be literally at your doorstep.
5. Make a great escape: For something completely different, get a group of friends to-gether and try out Rush Escape Game located in South Yarra. You’re locked in a themed scenario and get 60 minutes to work together to escape!
6. Take off to a nearby island: Hop on a boat from Como Landing in South Yarra and take a very short trip to Herring Island, where you can explore a sculpture trail featur-ing interesting artwork made of natural materials.
7. Eat weird: Head to the Jam Factory and try a Kono pizza in a cone. All the best pizza toppings—and some you wouldn't expect (bacon and scrambled eggs)—stuffed into a cone so you can eat it on the go.
8. Get on TV: See Carrie Bickmore up close! Channel 10 studios are just a stone’s throw away. Book in to be part of the live studio audience for The Project or Have You Been Paying Attention.
South Yarra is an in-demand suburb for young professionals and families, and it could soon be your new address.
Purchase tickets to be in the running to win our latest Mater Prize Home lottery.